Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A GREAT first cruise!

Sail Date: January 29, 2007

My partner and I chose Carnival for the price-very affordable for recent college grads. We were overwhelmed with excitement and with that said, it would have taken a lot to truly disappoint us. An easy-going, laid back attitude is a plus to have seeing that we were travelling with quite a few groups who thoroughly enjoyed the "fun" in "fun cruise." Two nights we were awakened around 3am when these groups came back to their cabins. Nothing we hadn't dealt with before though. The food was wonderful, the service was wonderful, the ship was grand and not too hard to navigate through. I liked that there was always something going on. Some people may feel bothered or badgered to get involved in the activities, but there was always a deck or corner of the ship where you could go for some peace and quiet. My only real complaint was that The Inspiration's maximum speed was 20 knots, much slower then other cruise ships that were travelling along the same paths as we were. So, we would arrive early in the morning, and would have to leave a few hours earlier then the other ships, only to watch them pass us at night. All in all, a wonderful four nights and five days. Carnival made a cruiser out of me and we are planning to go on another next spring.

Pros: There is something for everyone!

Cons: The slow top speed of the ship = less time in ports

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!

George Town, Grand Cayman
It was very easy and affordable to hop on a taxi van. Have them take you to 7 mile beach. We got there early and enjoyed the soft sand and calm water. I wish we could have spent more time here!
I was disappointed in the character and integrity of the natives. We heard rumors of a nude beach, but everyone seemed to point us in a different direction. We also spent an hour trying to find "The Tequilaria" which advertised free drinks and great deals. Needless to say we didn't find either. Senor Frogs, however, is a great place to hang out. It's loud, the liquor flows abundently, and the food isn't half bad either.