Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

"You get what you pay for!"

Sail Date: December 01, 2006

While the dining room staff were extremely pleasant, I can't say much else good about the ship or cruise experience. The most disappointing aspect was that the meals were average to below average. There was no flavoring added to the foods (the steaks, vegatables, etc. were all bland). It was disappointing that on the entire cruise, there was only one night where you could order lobster or prime rib (and that happened to be on the same night!). The condition of the ship was just average. Personnel: After visiting the spa on three occassions for three different treatmeants, I was very dissappointed that on each visit, the visit concluded with a hard sell of products that were related to the treatment I just received. The purpose of going to the salon was to be pampered and relax; not to get stressed out having a staff person trying there best to sell you a product, then having an obviously dissapointed look on their face when you say NO! Along with same line, every corner you turn you are having your picture taken. It is to the extreme. Again, the ship is very obvious in their attempt to make more money. At the last dinner, while I expected to see the staff on their best behavior to increase their tips, it was so blatent it was almost embarrasing. They should have just passed a hat around the table. Rooms: The housekeeping staff were pleasant and helpful. The room was kept clean and neat. The bathroom was an adequate size. Our only complaint was that it took three phone calls to get the bathrrom lightbulb replaced. Entertainment: The shows were enjoyable, but there was always room for improvement. The cruise director was very funny and worked very hard. Ship: It was very difficult to find your way around the ship due to a lack of adequate signage. At every elevator, there was a diagram of the boat indicating in very general terms what was on each level (i.e. "public rooms"). It was impossible to know how to get to certain public areas without actually walking around and by trial and error. Some areas are not accessible unless you are on the correct end of the ship. There were not signs to assist in this matter. Between wandering around, and the bland food, I ended up losing five pounds in five days. This is not what one expects when going on a cruise! I have cruised two other times on another line, so I have something to be comparing against. I definitely would NOT recommend this cruise line.

Pros: Nothing.

Cons: The bland food; and someone always trying to sell you something.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

As stated, there was inadequate signage to indicate how to get to certain public areas. This was a real frustration and annoyance.
In general, the ship seemed clean. The decor seemed a little outdated, and was definitely geared for a younger crowd.
The food was not seasoned at all. It was all very bland. I did not finish many of my meals as they were unappealing. The convenience of the dining times were fine, although, there was a real problem at check in. We traveled with 8 other guests. When we ordered tickets, we all were supposed to be eating at the same time, in the same dining room, at the same table. When we checked in at Tampa, before boarding, our paperwork showed that we all had different times, dining rooms, and tables. We had to get it resolved after getting on the boat.
The crew were friendly. The housekeeping staff and dining staff were the friendliest. We had two situation's at the purser's desk, which left us very frustrated and feeling like they really didn't care at all. Both times, we were not happy with the attitudes.