great getaway

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 09, 2006
Ship: Carnival Inspiration
THis was my first cruise and I must say, Carnival made this experience a pleasant one. I was on the Inspiration with a stop at the Grand Caymans and one in Mexico, Calica where we took a cab to Playa del Carmen.
On the ship you have everything you need. I have made several vacations all over the world. Coming from Germany we do have a certain standard and I can compare the ship with a 5 star hotel.
THe only thing I did not like , and I know that this is not Carnivals fault, is that some people just do not know how to behave while traveling along with others.
Maybe the cruiseline should set some standards and rules for that reason.
But other than that, I had a pleasant time.
One experience I want to just talk about. I was sitting in the hot tub on the outer deck and as I mentioned before, I am from Germany. With me, in that tub were people from South Africa, USA, Asia and the Americas. THis was something. We were talking politics and about whats going on in the whole world and after a while , we realized, we were all in the same boat.

felt like dining in 5 star restaurants

I could hardly keep up with all the things we were able to do

everybody was friendly and helpful

everything was clean clean

a bit smaller than in a hotel but if you do not stay for more than sleep, its just fine
I have been in Playa del Carmen and this is a place you have to see. THis is what you expect when you want to have fun.
I was dissapointed from the Grand Cayman. I have traveled all over the world and this area is not worth a visit, unless you want to bring some money to the banks

Pros: food, entertainment

Cons: other people not knowing how to behave, for example using the steam room or sauna or hot tup without taking shower before

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? Yes!