Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The Wal-Mart of Cruises

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

This was my first cruise. I was very prepared to go. I read a lot of reviews and bought books and such to find out about our cruise and ship. There are SO many things about this cruise that you cannot read or hear from anybody. Read my review and you may find out about things you never knew.
Oh, here's something that I just could not believe, I really don't like to report this but it is very annoying. When someone in the cabin next to you goes to the bathroom, (has a bowel movement) you can smell it not only in your bathroom but througout your cabin AND I could even smell it down the hallway!!!!!!! Keep the lid down on your toilet and keep your bathroom door closed at all times.

Pros: The friendly and efficient staff

Cons: Ship's layout. Very confusing, floors are not well marked.

Recommends Carnival Inspiration? No.

The food was OK. Nothing special. You felt as if you were in a school cafeteria. Many days they served the same things over and over again.The buffett lines were very long, especially on return to the ship after it docks at a port. After a long day at any given port everybody comes back starving, so beware of long lines.Get back to the ship early.
The stateroom was not tiny. The bathroom was small, but manageable. The staff cleans the room THREE times a day. So they are in your cabin a lot!! They seem to be always waiting for you to get out so they can clean. Make sure to put your valuables away!
The ship was a good size. The layout was very confusing. Throughout the entire cruise people were lost. Nobody knew what floor they were on. The
floors were not clearly marked.
The shows were amatuerish. You can tell they were trying hard to do a good job, but they were in no way professionals, say, someone you might see in a Broadway show, or on TV, or movies.
Most of the staff were extremely friendly and efficient. There were so many of them! I felt sorry for them, because they seemed overworked. We spoke with one girl from Bulgaria. She said she worked from 8 in the morning to 11PM every night. She gets a 2 hour break inbetween. Most of the staff are foriegners. They are mostly from the Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Honduras, Romania, Puerto Rico, the Phillipines, Thialand, Canada, Australia.