A Little Relaxing Getaway

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Imagination

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 23, 2020

Ship: Carnival Imagination

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: M255

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

My wife's mother just recently passed away. I booked this little getaway to try to alleviate the stress my wife had been under. This cruise did the trick, as she was able to relax and enjoy our private time together. She told me numerous times that she really needed it. Carnival did a great job for us. I would be remiss is I did not mention that our cabin steward and his assistant did a great job for us, not only keeping the cabin clean, but having our ice bucket filled every day, just as we had requested. I apologize for not writing his name down. I hope you can retrieve it by our cabin number.

Embarkation

Efficient and easy

Ship experiences

Good food, but it seemed a little less delectable than the last time we sailed Carnival, and a little less delectable than on an NCL cruise we sailed in December.

Excellent stage shows and BOTH comedians were hilarious. We've been on many cruises and on most, one was hilarious, while the other not so much. I wish I remembered to write down their names as the were the best ever. Your entertainment lives up to your theme of "Fun Ships"!

No children with us.

First the negative. We sailed on an NCL cruise in December, and the staff were smiling, courteous, eager to please, and very polite. On this Carnival cruise, I felt that the wait staff were being over worked. They did not smile as much, and were in a hurry to do their jobs (sometimes walking between us as we were walking in or out of dining). One night when we ordered more than one appetizer, they brought them all at at once, rather than letting us finish the first one, crowding our little table for two and allowing our food to cool. Now the positive: (I hope I spell his name properly) Samroni Muhamad in the restaurant services approached our table on two separate occasions, asking if we wished some more coffee or could he get us something. He was smiling, very polite, and very articulate, and even spent a short time visiting with us. Samroni exemplifies the type of service that makes cruising an enjoyable. We happened to mention this great service to Samroni's supervisor, and he encouraged us to include Samroni's name in our review. The supervisor's name is Nikola, and he, too, was very courteous and pleasant to chat with.

Ship easy to navigate, and people were cleaning constantly. We felt safe, especially with all the corona virus news. Rest rooms had been updated and are very nice.

Bed and bed linens and pillows were very comfortable and we slept very well. Bathroom looked fresh, new, and clean. Only negative was the narrow passageway between the closets and the bathroom, especially when opening the closet doors.

Ports of call