Our First Family Cruise

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Imagination

3 Night Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 30, 2019

Ship: Carnival Imagination

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: M143

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We enjoyed the entertainment a lot. The food was good and plentiful. But I felt stuck in a smoky casino. I won't cruise again.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

We definitely enjoyed the main dining room experience the most. Alexander and Nelson were gems and went out of their way to remember all of our names and meet every need and Guy Fieri's Burgers my hubby ranked as one of his favorite all time burgers.

We had cold overcast spring weather and didn't get to enjoy deck life as we'd have liked. I got a facial, the kids used the pool.

The main event shows we're really impressive productions and the comedian was excellent.

the kids opted to not participate

See comment above about our excellent waiters. Sarah our room steward was a gem as well.

Overall the ship was we'll run and fun to get around, but I was very disappointed that smoking was allowed indoors, which meant that nasty perfume has to be used throughout.

Ready for the carperting to be replaced. I didn't know what to expect in terms of size or amenities. It seemed nice enough for what the ship has to work with.

Ship tip

Bring warm clothes even if you're taking a summer trip

Ports of call