Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

The trip was fun! The internet connection was not. Carnival Imagination Aug 2016

Sail Date: July 31, 2016

The cruise was wonderful.Happy The rooms were nice and clean. The housekeeping lady was wonderful. All the staff were great. There were chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate chip cookies on the night stand. The ride was smooth and the everything was taken care of for us. The ship was clean and quiet. We had cabin U68. I couldn't hear the engines nor the more populated parts of the ship. So it was pretty quiet, save the kids running in the hall...

Be prepared to spend a lot if you like to drink alcohol or if you like other than the basic foods. Most things are available but at an additional charge.

Catalina was fun although the time on the island was too short. I guess a week would still have been too short, however, it would have been nice to have from 7am to midnight, instead of 9am- I think it was, till 3:30pm when we had to be back on the transport ship. The same was true for Ensenada. We had to be back on board at 6pm. It would have been nice to start later, if necessary, and stay later.

The only big complaint, is the internet access. The cost was very high to supply very poor internet access. In this day and time, the internet is ubiquitous. And the ship has to keep up. The internet of things is here. My cell tried for all four days to download a 2mb picture from my e-mail. I need to be able to connect quickly and efficiently. Although, I can take a cruise while working, I still have to work while on board. I do that work through the internet. I couldn't do my job while on the ship. I had to find an internet coffee shop in Ensenada to get my work done. Between the time on the ship trying to get the internet to work and the time working in Ensenada, I wasted half my trip.

So, sadly, I have to give relatively low marks to what was a great cruse. I can't take another cruse like this again, until the internet issues are resolved.

Thank you for a fun trip, please do something about the internet connectivity. I know it can be better, I can get quick internet on an airplane at 36k feet, I should be able to get it at sea.Happy

The cabin was great. The beds are comfortable. Housekeeping was terrific!

1 Comment