First Time Cruisers - A Blast!

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night Catalina & Baja Mexico (Los Angeles Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 22, 2016
Ship: Carnival Imagination
Cabin Number: U4

This was my first time going a cruise, at least being 21+, and my boyfriend's first cruise and his first time out of the country. We weren't too sure what to expect on this cruise but we had so much fun. The rooms are clean, comfy and pretty spacious; the portholes were worth the upgrade! There was plenty to do on the boat from the resort pool to the casino to the shows. Unlimited amount of food, and you can even order breakfast in your room for free too! We were pleasantly surprised by the dinners, high end food that was really delicious! We sat with another couple, but there were many different dining arrangements. Catalina Island was a bit boring for us, especially because we were on a budget, but we had a blast in Mexico. The only shore excursion we did was the bar hopping tour in Ensenada and it was worth it! The only thing we wished was that the beach was right by the boat, it seemed you had to go out of the way to find a decent beach. We also wish there would have been an extra day in Mexico. Overall, I would say this is a great trip for first timers or those interested in seeing if cruises are for them! We would go back, but with a bigger group!

SO YUMMY!!! I miss it.

Do everything you can! There's plenty of free things. We loved the club!

We participated in the Divas pre-show fun and I had the opportunity to walk the stage as the last diva! A priceless memory!

No kids with us.

I can't remember all the names of our staff but everyone was awesome, especially our Stateroom Steward and dining room host. Kevin Sweeny also helped us through check-in and with celebrating my boyfriend's birthday on the boat!

Oldie but a goodie! Super clean.

Porthole upgrade was worth it since we couldn't afford a balcony! It was amazing to wake up and see the shoreline/town outside our window. It made our room feel spacious. Clean and comfy and there's just the right amount of room in the bathroom!

Don't eat too much before your dining time. The dinner food (assigned seating) was SO amazing. From rare find apps to delicious entrees and finally yummy desserts, you definitely left full and happy!

Bar hopping tour!!!