Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Third Mate

One of the best times we would never do again!

Sail Date: January 14, 2016

I went with a big group of some of my best friends. We went on this as a booze cruise let's get crazy time, and that is exactly what we did. I wouldn't call this a family cruise as there were quite a few roudy groups of young people. I had a BLAST but that was mostly because of the group I was with and also because I won $800 in bingo. The actual cruise though... man 2.5 stars My friends and I referred to Carnival as the Spirit airlines of cruises... floating walmart... correctly named Carnival because there's quite a few carnie types.

See below for a breakdown.

The boat: Smells musty like grandmas house

It was a rockin! Bring your dramamine. We were all pretty surprised that a boat that big would rock that much but yeah we were stumbling all over the damn place, and that wasn't just because we were drunk. It wasn't stormy either, maybe because it was winter? I don't know I'm not a sailor. I'm writing this review a week later and we all still feel the vertigo like we're on a boat.

Mehhh, I mean I can deal with small rooms but those beds are hard as a rock. My friends and I are all in our late 20's and after the cruise we felt like what I'd imagine old people to feel like. We were sore on our shoulders, sides, and other weird places and concluded it was the beds.

Horrible, even in the 'nice' main dinning room and even after 8 drinks it was bad. My friends and I were wasted about 90% of the time and didn't like any of the food so that's saying something because we're the type of people who eat jack in the box on the regular. The only food we did like was when we paid $20 extra to get the steak and lobster.

We bought the Cheers (15 drinks a day) program which was probably worth it because the drinks are teeny tiny and have hardly any booze. I mean maybe we're all functioning alcoholics, but we were all annoyed at the small drinks. Also you can't order two at the same time it has to be five minutes apart.  I would usually order a drink wait five minutes then order a shot and pour it in my drink. OR you're better off with beer.

PARTY... Do not take your kids to Papas and Beer.. obnoxiously loud whistles being blown assaulting eardrums, tequilla shots forcibly shoved down your throat, shirts flying off! It was wild and highly entertaining. If you're not into that just do some shopping, or an excursion tour. Speaking of entertainment..

Shows were mildly entertaining... Not bad, but not a Beyonce concert. There's also a casino (careful you gamble with your carnival card linked to your credit card and have no idea how much you are really spending... my one friend's bill at the end was $500 OOOPS!). Theres also trivia, bingo other random fun stuff. Again I was lucky as hell to win the $800 in bingo which thank god paid for this cruise and then some. Sorry yeah I just had to rub that in one more time! Happy Sailing folks!

Cruise Photos

Cabin / Stateroom Beds are hard!
Bartenders I know you're from a foreign country and making shit money, working 60-100 hours a week BUT if I try to be nice to you and if you would smile and be nicer I would tip you. Waiters were awesome though!

Splurge for a nicer cruiseline or spend the money on a different vacation