Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Good family time!

Sail Date: December 16, 2015

My husband and I took this cruise with 2 of our kids and their families and my mother.  9 of us in all - ages 2 to 73.  A cruise is great for a family gathering because no one has to cook, clean, or drive and there is entertainment, interesting places to go, and great places to spend time together. This ship is old, but clean. It is small which makes it easy to get around on, and to find others if you are in a group.  The food and entertainment were not great.  VERY disappointed that lobster was not an included option on elegant night ($20 extra).  And no chocolates on the bed at night:(  Charge a $1 more and put the chocolate back! Also, the weather was very cool, which made a lot of things not so fun on this cruise.  The service and staff were great.  Really liked the cruise director.

Cruise Photos

I loved having the portholes to see what the day was like when I awoke, and to see where we were.
Very easy to embark and disembark!
It's old, but clean. Small and easy to get around on. We had 4 rooms scattered, but found each other easily.
The destinations were good. My son and son-in-law had a great time on ATV/horse riding excursion.
Just not that good of quality.
First time had kids with us to use them. Good place for kids to go.
The quality of the singing and dancing was not that good.
All of the workers were great. Especially thankful to the security woman who helped me find my wallet. It was stuck behind the door of the safe.
The food was good, but not what we expect on a cruise. We were VERY disappointed to find that lobster was not on the menu for elegant night! $20 extra for it. I had duck - it was tough. There were 9 of us. Most of the rest had prime rib, but didn't like it. We dressed up for what?

A cruise is great for a family gathering because no one has to cook, clean, or drive and there is entertainment, interesting places to go, and great places to spend time together - like the hot tub:)