Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Great Quick Get-Away

Sail Date: December 03, 2015

Easy drive to the port and convenient parking garage. Check-In was fairly quick and smooth, we were on board by noon. Found a great lounge chair in the Serenity area where Johny took exceptional care of me, always having towels ready to put behind my head and under my legs, filling my water bottle and making sure I was happy. Food was delicious in all areas. The Epic Rock and Divas shows were excellent, some of the best I've seen at sea. Had a porthole room (R7) which was very roomy, bright and at the end of the hallway which was quiet. They only tough part was hearing all the noise from below when we pulled into port. The only negative part was that there were a lot of people doing this cruise simply as a "party" weekend and were quite obnoxious by being loud and rude at dinner in the dining room, crowding the hot tub in the Serenity area which is supposed to be a tranquil area, and drinking excessively which was evident by the their inability to walk straight, demand for quicker bar service and inappropriate discussions at an unbearable volume. Other than that, this was a nice, short weekend. We will do it again!

Cabin / Stateroom Spacious, more room than the usual inside cabin. At end of hallway which helps with less noise. Lots of light coming in. Can get really loud inside when the ship is pulling into port. You can hear and feel the rudders.
Overall no major issues, but it would be nice if there was a line for embarkation pictures and a line to bypass them so as to avoid a big pile up and people having to wait just to get around the people waiting for pictures. Also, when you get on right at the gangway, there were multiple booths to pass through which moved the line along, but then just two steps from there was a staff member wanting to take pictures of people on the gangway and that caused a large backup. It didn't make sense for the line to thin out to only bulk back up a few steps away because of pictures. Once again, a separate line for pictures would be better or at least pick a different spot so that the line does not bulk up.
Really liked the decor on this ship!
Divas and Epic Rock are great shows, very entertaining. They are some of the best shows I have seen in a long time on my cruises. Loved the snow falling in the atrium and the arrival of "Santa".

Johny in the Serenity area was fantastic! He was always making sure I was comfortable. He kept my water bottle full, gave me plenty of towels, shared good conversation and treated my like I was royalty. He also kept the area clean and organized and did his best to deal with the guests using the area inappropriately.
The strawberry milkshake at the cafe next to the casino was very delicious!
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Ensenada, Mexico Did not get off the boat to see it.

Head to the Serenity (adult's only area) early to get a good lounge chair!