Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

4 Night, inside cab, Mexico

Sail Date: July 12, 2015

My husband and I have traveled via cruise lines in the past 10 years.  This was the first time my husband and I traveled Carnival's inside cabin.  The Inside cabin we were offered was a little more than the regular inside cabin - It was great.  There were no windows but we actually enjoyed the "darkness" whereas light that can peek in if your curtains are not fully closed, such as balcony rooms.  The bed was just as conformable as any of the rooms we have had in the past.  The Food was great.  I would like to suggest Greek Food: Chicken Kabobs, Steak Kabobs, Humus, White Rice, and Greek salad.  This year we decided to ask if our children wanted to take a vacation via Carnival to Mexico.  They were all excited. Out of 8 children who are now all over 18 years old 4 of them were able to experience cruising.  I learned a lot by watching what worked for some of them and what I would do differently for others by reminding what they can do to make their visit on the ship more fulfilling.   Overall, they all loved it as well as 2 of my daughters finances.  They all did say they look forward to returning.  My other 3 children (I did mention 4 but my eldest son passed  last year) are now excited to come with us next year. I spent so much of my efforts just trying to make sure they all had their documents in place, excursions, etc.  that when my husband and I got home I said next time I get to enjoy because now they are set to take care of all that stuff themselves.  Looking forward to next time!

This was the first time my husband and I traveled Carnival's inside cabin. The Inside cabin we were offered was a little more than the regular inside cabin - It was great. There were no windows but we actually enjoyed the "darkness" whereas light that can peek in if your curtains are not fully closed, such as balcony rooms. The bed was just as conformable as any of the rooms we have had in the past. The woman who took care of our cabin was Great! I would suggest an envelope in the room with a nice memo to the guest, just in case someone would like to give them extra.
So what would I recommend being that I've cruised a few times: 1) The ability to choose movies that may have just been released but now are available to order for a small fee. 2) One of the new things that both adults and kids enjoy is electronic games. This is a "in thing" all over the world. I know because my granddaughter and older children play and compete on line with other teams. If there was a way where a room could be stationed with games where teams could compete such as a tournament. That would be fun for those who enjoy that form of "fun". I could think of others things but for now that's all I will mention.
Long Beach (Los Angeles), California
Catalina Island, California
Ensenada, Mexico
My daughter forgot that she had a tool in her purse that is used to break a windshield if there should be a car accident and the only way out was through a window and a seat belt cutter which is a 2 in 1 tool. When getting back on the boat the Mexican officer asked her what it was. I was next to her when he asked her and she told him. He said it was illegal to have but was very rude. His words were "In my country I can ...." I stepped in and said to him that it was not necessary for him to speak to hear with the tone of voice he was speaking to her in. I let him know that he could keep it which he did. I let him know that we should all be grateful that we come to "his country". We are a Hispanic family but he is in direr need of people skills. When she returns back to work she will get another one from her safety team. Otherwise, all was well.