Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Average Cruise

Sail Date: October 15, 2015

This was an average cruise and quite frankly about what I expected from Carnival.  The ship is a bit tired and in need of some updating.  Overall the boat looked like it could use some more cleaning.  Granted it is a big ship but a good pressure washing of the outer decks would have helped.  Carpets were a bit worn in the passageways and staterooms.  Our lavatory occasionally had a whiff of sewage-somewhat unpleasant.

Food was so-so, and dining service seemed harried.  At one meal the waiters were whisking away our plates before we had even chewed the last bite.  I was left with a fork in my mouth with my last bite of steak and no plate to put the fork down on, lol.  In my mind hash brown potatoes are not deep fried tater tots.

Cabin was of good size. A couple of points however. There was only one electrical outlet in the cabin which did cause for some juggling of iPads and the like. No hairdryer in the lavatory although one was provided upon request but as the outlet in the lav did not work it had to be used at the desk/vanity in the cabin. My cabin was cold with air conditioning blowing even in its full off mode-heating was not an option. As mentioned, occasionally the lavatory would have a faint whiff of sewage upon entering.
Ensenada is not a glamorous port but it has been spruced up quite a bit since the last time I was here thanks to NAFTA.
Cruise staff, although small did a credible job with on board shows and activities.
The crew seemed short staffed and appeared to be working hard. Although attentive, not overally warm with the exception of our cabin steward who was outstanding.

For all my comments I had fun and do not regret taking this cruise. It was as expected so I was not overly disappointed or upset.