Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Terrible first time experience

Sail Date: August 27, 2015

My girlfriend and I were very much looking forward to this cruise as it was her 2nd time and my 1st time. We decided to take this cruise for her birthday. The bad experience starts out in the first 30 minutes of us being on the boat. We got settled in our room and unpacked our luggage. We were very hungry so we decided we would grab a bite to eat at the buffet by the pool. The food wasnt that great but seeing that many people on the boat we made the best of it. We came back to our room that was already perfectly clean and serviced to Not just our 1 room-service members that introduced himself to us when we got on the baot, but 2 men in our room standing over our luggage looking at all of our belongings. They turned around when we opened the door and saw them as if they had just got caught. I thought thank god we didn't leave our phones or wallets in here, so I told my gf who is very innocent and naive to make sure she has anything important or valuable put away or carried on her at all times, on top of leaving the snooze sign on the door the entire time so they would not go into our rooms anymore without us knowing so. So to get to the point with the problem of our sneaky room-service attendant... the last night of the cruise I took the snooze sign off the door after packing and getting ready to grab a late night bite to eat with my gf. When I left the room a few minutes before my gf was coming back to drop off her phone and wallet and to meet me for our late night snack, i noticed the room-service guy doing his rounds down the hallway. I didn't make anything of it because I wouldnt expect him to go into our room at 1:30 AM. Anyways my gf dropped her wallet and phone off in the room as we were in a hurry because it was late, and went to get our food. We came back 5 minutes later to the room and the light was on and her wallet was gone. We got a hold of security as things escalated, and that became another problem. He kept me outside of the room while he helped search the room with my gf in there. She was in a robe and he made disgusting sexual comments about sex to her. He would wink to me and her and this was a big problem, but being how late it was and that her wallet was stolen, we weren't comfortable with leaving our room again to report to guest services. So the next morning around 6:00 AM, the room-service guy knocks on our door and returns her wallet with 800$ stolen, saying that it was left on a tray outside of our door. We Never Had A Tray And The Wallet Was Left On The Table With The Phone, so I knew he was the one that probably took it. But for even more proof we asked 3 other people from 3 rooms next to ours if they had seen anyone go into our room late the previous night, and for confirmation they had assured us that they had seen the room-service guy go into our cabin. We had to wait an hour in line to get off the boat and had absolutely no time to report it to guest services so we figured we'd call when we got off the boat. We did this and Carnival will not look into it because we didn't report it on the boat. Not only do they not care about what happens to anyone on this cruise, they are theives. We have currently hired a lawyer and an investigator. Sexual Harassment & Stealing from customers is not something we would have expected. Our investigator tells us that most of their staff members being from foreign countries and on international waters, that sexual harassment and thievery is very common with this cruise line. Other than this terrible incident, most of the cruise was not that bad. I wish this had not happened. We will never take Carnival again and do not recommend it to anyone. Sorry for the long review, and hope this was helpful.

Small area, twin beds always split apart, and the cabin creaked whenever the boat was moving.

Make sure you keep your valuables in the safe or on you at all times. Keep an eye on your maids and when they enter your room. Do not drink too much unless you are planning to spend a lot.