Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

So much fun!

Sail Date: August 13, 2015

My husband and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary on the Carnival Imagination, and we had so much fun!!! It was first cruise for us, and we felt pretty satisfied.

We read many negative reviews about this cruise, so we didn't expect much about it. However, it was so much better - yes there are many drunkies who would act stupid, but you just need to plan your activities right and get away from them. Personally, I recommend early dinner. You can still choose "your time dining" but go before 6:30pm (the earlier the better) to avoid the huge lines during regular dinner time. When you are done with dinner (around 7-7:30pm), huge crowd starts to roll in, and you can avoid that by going to the musical productions or shows. Recommend both stage productions and adult-only comedies (PG ones are ok but not as fun).

Karaoke and piano bars are very fun and watch and participate. I was out of tone but people still cheered on when I got on stage.

Adult only jacuzzi tends to get really busy on the day at sea - everyone tries to get in the jacuzzi, and people sat one next to each other. Recommend to coke early or very late (after 10pm).

For excursions, I do not recommend you to book it with Carnival, because the tour groups are HUGE! You will not get a personal experience. I booked ours on It is $5 more expensive each person (we did the La Bufadora and city tour), but there are only 7 of us, and the tour guide customized to all our needs! It was perfect! Also the excursion took off at 9:30am and came back at 3pm. So while everyone else was still gone with carnival excursion, we came back already, and the ship was slow - water slides had very short lines :)

Bathroom is very small, but it is clean.