Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

THE BEST FIRST CRUISE EVER

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

Room Type: Suite

This was my first cruise ever for me & my partner & we had a blast!!! I was nervous at first because I read so many negative comments about excursions & other activities but I guess those were from really hard to please type people. I would suggest booking any & all excursions from . I did the dolphin encounter at the Blue Lagoon (deep water). My group size was very small no bigger than 10 people. The dolphin trainers were wonderful. No long walking path like everyone described. Everyone was just very pleasant. Food was ok. I would have liked a bigger selection of food. I would say try a ship with more variety of food. Breakfast was wonderful but I found myself eating kid's food like french fries\, chicken strips\, & pizza. The 24 hour room service was wonderful too!!! I would suggest for anyone that is going on their first trip to go all out & get you a suite or an oceanview room. We had a junior suite w/balcony & it was wonderful!!! Our housekeeper was so wonderful! He greeted us every morning by name & always told us about events that we might be interested in. If you are pleasant then they will be plesant as well. Overall let's just say I'm rebooking another Carnival cruise for 2013 & 2014!!! THIS IS A MUST DO!!!!!!

Pros: I loved the fact that the staff members on the boat remembered my name & housekeeping was SO WONDERFUL

Cons: Really not enough activities to do while out to sea

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

I didn't think the ship was out dated like some people commented on. Everything looked up to date. The crew did a great job constantly cleaning & making sure things were kept up.
I really didn't care for the food. It was mostly made for children. Breakfast & desserts were awesome though!!! I would suggest more foods for adults. I ended up eating just chicken strips\, french fries\, & pizza for the most part. I would suggest a boat that has a steak house or something on it. But the fine dining food was excellent.
We had a junior suite for our first cruise. If you are going on your first cruise I would not suggest smaller rooms that are located at the bottom of the ship. I would save up for any suite or oceanview room. Our floor was quiet with some exceptions of having fun or course & paryting in the hallways but no excessive noise when sleeping. Bathroom is of course really small & one 1 person at a time. Other than that our room was wonderful. Very clean. The balcony could be just a tad bit bigger for what you pay for a suite w/balcony & it could be a little more private.
Everyone was very friendly & always offering help.
We ended up doing most of the activities off the boat while docked at the Bahamas. There was only 2 other boats there once we docked. Not a large group of people. I think they should have the big activities while out to sea instead of when docked on an island.