Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

A positive first cruise" experience."

Sail Date: January 01, 2013

Overall serviceable but could use updating for sure.

Pros: Service and food were excellent.

Cons: It's a floating sales pitch.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

The ship itself was old and falling apart\, the decor was 1985 Miami Vice meets Donald Trump Vegas brass. Tacky. It was relatively clean and it looks like the bathrooms are being updated\, although they never bothered to grout any of the glass tiles in the bathroom so it looks a little dingy in there. It's a small ship but I don't know that that was a drawback; it's my first cruise so I had no basis for comparison.
If you steer clear of the pizza and burgers and get your meals in the dining rooms the food is very good. Only gave it 4 stars because the buffet was rarely open and when it was you had to push and shove to get anything.
I was actually really pleased with the size of the stateroom. It was clean and well maintained\, bathroom was even laid out really well.
I don't know how I could have asked for better service.
Stage shows were a little cheesy but talent was top notch. Cruise director was warm and funny\, some really unique offerings like live band karaoke\, and some great comedians put on multiple shows.