Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Food had way too many food enhansers, probably to include MSG

Sail Date: January 11, 2015

The cruise was wonderful except problems with the food.  Carnival uses way too much MSG and other food enhancers.  I do not tolerate MSG at all and I have digestive problems with lots of food enhancers.  Both my husband (who has no problems with food enhancers) and I started having digestive problems - me on the second day and husband on the third.   It will do no good to tell us that we maybe had the flu - we did not.  I am very familiar with cheap restaurants and how they use food enhancers. I could not tell if it was the buffet food (where we had breakfast and lunch) or the sit-down dining hall where we mostly had dinner.    I have been on other cruises (not Carnival) where I had no problem with the food.  Carnival needs to upgrade their food.  Other than food, the trip was fun.  The staff was efficient and friendly.  Ship was always clean, there was plenty to do.