Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Honeymoon crashed by kids

Sail Date: July 13, 2014

Cabin: GUAR

To whom it may concern,
My husband and I traveled on the carnival imagination for our honeymoon. We enjoyed our time and plan to travel again with carnival. Everything was great with the exception of the vast amount of children on the cruise. Had we known that the cruise was going to be full of kids because of a dance convention we would have booked another time. We were not able to enjoy every room or the pool deck because of the amount of kids running around. We were on the upper deck which had a large amount of dance competitors on it. Children were running up and down the hallways making it hard for us to even take a nap in our cabin. I am a teacher and I work with elementary level children, I would have enjoyed my cruise with out the dance convention children taking up the entertainment and different rooms. I spoke to other carnival regulars on the cruise and they assured me that carnival has the most amazing cruises and that they had never been on one when there has been a convention for kids. I was very disappointed with the cruise for not notifying us that our honeymoon would be taking place on a cruise that was catering toward children. The 21 and over area with jacuzzis was so crowded we could barely enjoy it. The pool was full of children splashing and carrying on so we lost our interest in enjoying a dip. We will return for another cruise. We hope that carnival does host better cruises then the one we went on I felt like I was at a summer camp. The evening events all catered toward children and I would have enjoyed more things catering adults especially since we were honeymooners. I know now to ask if there are any major event taking place on the cruise to make sure we won't be overrun by a convention again!
Candice

Food on the decks were ok our assigned dinning had way better food!
They even remembered my name
Not as much Offered because of a child's dance convention.
Tooo many child's programs because of the dance competition taking place!
The comedy shows were great but only if you enjoy today's current comedy. We visited the adult shows.
We wouldn't visit Ensenada again. It reminded us of DTWN LA...
We had an interior next time we will book an ocean view!

Make your reservation for your assigned dinner earlier the wait times were about 20-45mins.

1 Comment