Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Will never cruise Carnival again

Sail Date: March 01, 2013

We had a horrible time on our cruise. Upon boarding a shit we were unable to enter our stateroom because housekeeping had failed to close the cabin after cleaning it and some random patrons decided to use our cabin to get it on. We had to stand outside the cabin door and listen to them while waiting for guest services. Not only that but they were incredibly rude once they began exiting our cabin. It took guest services 4 hours to change us to another room and they only did so after we threatened to file a complaint. They initially only offered to clean the room and credit us $30 to our cruise account- ridiculous! We appreciated the new room/upgrade but would have been happy with a prompt courteous response to wanting our room changed.

Cons: Security

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

Outdated designs, lots of long lines for food and bar
The staff was very courteous and made an attempt to make guests feel welcome but the food was not good. Im a vegetarian and my boyfriend is not. My choices were incredibly limited. I basically could only eat some sort of starch covered in cheese or vegetables. My boyfriend felt the dinners were good but the rest of the food was unimpressive.
If you see what I wrote above- the staterooms are obviously not secure and people were able to not only enter our cabin but USE OUR BED. We were upgraded to a stateroom with a balcony and if you were going to cruise I would recommend this as the BEST/ONLY choice. Our first room was an ocean view and though we didnt spend much time in it, it was small and dark. (the other couple didnt seem to mind) The balcony room was decent sized and the balcony was lovely.
All of the waitstaff were really attentive and called you by name. My only complaint about the staff was the initial resistance we met when requesting a new cabin after those random strangers used it as their love den. They were really nice but unwilling to switch us until I threatened to file a complaint.
We liked the comedians and some of the bands. It seems like it was kind of repetitive and there was A LOT of Micheal Jackson. Seriously, every day had all these MJ themed events. Sort of weird.