Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great First Time Family Cruise Trip

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

My daughter and I were very excited about this cruise, and had booked it well in advance. The ship staff were very pleasant, friendly and helpful overall. No matter sort of cruise you take I suspect you will always be overwhelmed, and the first night staff were great about helping attendees out however after that you're on your own.

You must really follow their daily activities publication carefully. It was helpful, but again for my first time, slightly overwhelming.

Camp Carnival was EXCELLENT. The staff are great with the kids, and for a single parent who was on the cruise alone with my 3 year old I was extremely nervous about sending her to camp while enjoying another activity however it truly was a pleasant experience for my daughter who enjoyed the activities. They are professional, engaging, and very serious about the safety of the kids. They conduct a very thorough process before letting children go with their parent/guardian, I was definitely pleased, and felt very much at ease with my daughter being there.

The excursions were AWESOME!!! Truly knowledgeable people offering a tasteful and fun experience for families. Carnival did a great job partnering with great excursion providers. All in all a wonderful time. I recommend to any family wanting to give a cruise a try for the first time!

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Feeling lost on the ship

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

Great DJs, great performers/entertainers, and the excursions were GREAT!
Can't say enough about Camp Carnival, your children are truly treated well and with respect. The facility is clean and the activities are very engaging for the children!