Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

Purser

An overdue relaxation

Sail Date: September 01, 2012

This was our first cruise, and we went alone w/out our son. The ship, overall, was clean and easy to find your way around. The stateroom was actually bigger than we had expected, (we had a room w/a porthole) and there was plenty of storage/closet space for a couple. It was a bit colder in the room than anywhere else on the ship, even after we turned the a/c down, it was still cold. There was an extra blanket and pillow in one of the closets, which helped at night. I would highly recommend bringing like a little throw blanket if you are anemic or tend to get cold quickly. The bathroom was clean as well, good size to move around in [one person at a time ;) ], but the toilet water stunk of like sewer or maybe it was the ocean water. Either way, it would stink, some days stronger than others. So bring some form of air freshner as well, b/c there are no vents in the bathroom.

Pros: food\, room location

Cons: the bathroom smelled

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

Oh my word!!! I have never eaten so much in such a short period of time... it was hard to stop. There was so much food (all the time) and it was usually good. I was able to try out new things at dinner time that I normally wouldn't try back home. The best part about it is\, if you don't like what you initially ordered\, you can order something else. The filtered water\, which is free\, doesn't taste too bad\, so if you don't feel like carrying a 24 pack of bottled water on ship w/you the filtered water is okay. The ice however\, had a weird taste to it. I think after the 2nd day I stopped putting it in my juices and noticed the difference in taste.
We were on the Upper deck towards the front of the ship. We didn't feel the motion of the boat until we were docking\, and we went through 2 storms\, so of course there was a strong current and waves. I did notice whenever we went to the back of the boat\, or the very top\, we felt the motion a lot more.
there is soooooo much to do\, so it can be a bit overwhelming at times. Fortunately\, they repeat the shows w/in 48 hours if you miss a night.