Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

An average cruise!

Sail Date: June 04, 2012

We have been on numerous cruises and typically cruise with RCCL, but I booked this cruise with my 21 year old daughter. For us, the cruise was just average. The pros - ship was clean, oceanview room on Empress was a nice size, bathroom/shower was larger than on most ships, itinerary was ok. The cons - the ship was older, although I was told it had been recently refurbished, and it was smaller than we typically like, not a whole lot of activities going on during the day, but the worst thing about the cruise was the food. It was absolutely horrible. We ate burgers and pizza majority of the time. NEVER ate at the buffet because there was nothing worth eating on it and dining room food was not good at all. In fact, we skipped one night and ate nothing. When we did go to the dining room, people were eating in shorts and flip-flops. I realize this is CARNIVAL, but even on the formal night people were dressed very casual and looked like they should be eating at the buffet. This was the first cruise that we tried the my time dining and it was nice not having to hurry and get to the dining room at a certain time in order to eat.

Pros: My time dining.

Cons: Food.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

Horrible!!!