Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Spring Break 2012 Cruise

Sail Date: March 19, 2012

Room Type: Suite

We booked a junior suite because we were taking our 14-year-old and also because we wanted a balcony. We had plenty of space, although the balcony was too small to use for much. Our room cleaning crew was outstanding--friendly, thorough, and helpful. My husband lost his SIM card and although we looked everywhere and couldn't find it, once I alerted Nicole she assured me that they would find it, and they did. We left a nice tip in addition to the required tip because we were so impressed with Nicole and her crew. The excursions were excellent and we participated in onboard activities like a short scrapbooking session (some materials provided for free) the Scattergories tournament and the Brain Teaser game, as well as ping pong, mini golf, and the bean bag toss. I got up early one morning and was surprised to see the pool completely emptied and being scrubbed and repaired. By opening time it was full of sparking salt water and ready for another day of swimming! We chose Your Time Dining and didn't have to wait for a table, even on the night of formal dining. We only dined there twice, though, because we noticed that many of their menu items were also on the Lido deck buffet. Even though it was spring break and there were lots of young adults on the cruise, we didn't encounter any offensive behavior, yet they all seemed to be having a great time. It was our second Carnival cruise and they've definitely improved since our cruise 13 years ago!

Pros: Very friendly staff, good food, lots to do

Cons: It was all good

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

My husband and son were expecting better food. I was thrilled with all the choices! Plus someone else did the shopping, cooking, serving, and cleaning up!!! It's slightly better than going to a buffet restaurant, but definitely not fine dining.
We were in V42, a junior suite. It was roomy enough for three adult-size people. It was clean and comfortable; the decor was dated, the bathroom was adequate (toilet, sink, shower), and the location was excellent.
The ship is slightly dated but is well-maintained and kept extremely clean.
From the buffet staff to the ship's captain everyone was helpful and friendly. We purchased the unlimited soft drink option for our 14-year-old son, and the only complaint I have is that the bartenders sometimes ignored him at the bar (the only place to get a soda). I realize bartenders work for tips, but how long does it take to serve a Mr. Pibb?
Lots of shows and games and options for kids, adults, and older adults. We used the library to play cards anytime it was too windy to play outdoors. It was a very windy trip, so we used it several times. Very nice option!