Carnival Should be Ashame

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Mexico

invalid-31690
Sail Date: December 19, 2011
The ship was dirty. The staff unfriendly. I have sailed this ship before, but it was absolutely awful this time. I will not ever sail this ship again. We actually had sewage back up into our bathrooms, other rooms had it on their floors. Carinval did a less than dismal job cleaning up the mess and expected us to stay in the room after the fact. They did not remove the carpet from the room, only cleaned it and spayed deodarizer in the room to mask the smell of sewage. However you could smell sewage on the elevators. I feel sorry for anyone who boarded this ship after our cruise. I hope no one gets sick from those sewage infested carpets.

The food was edible, however I have gotten better food at Golden Corral or Ryans. Not impressed with food. The quality has diminished. However who can enjoy their food with the smell of sewage lingering in the air?

The shows and the DJ did really good jobs. You can tell they worked hard on their acts. Also really enjoyed the comedian.

Since the tips are now automatically taken out, I don't think the staff tries as hard. No one went above or beyond. They did the basics and were not friendly about it.

The size and decor was acceptable, however the cleanliness was awful. See comment above.

Sewage, big problem. Health concerns.

Pros: Getting off the ship

Cons: Raw sewage in our stateroom. We had to fight in order to get another room. There was approx 4 rooms affected by backed up sewage into the rooms.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.