Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

So-So Cruise

Sail Date: December 19, 2011

The ship was fine - not to big, which made getting from A to B on the same deck easier. On the sea day it was impossible to find an outside seat! Why don't you have deck chairs on the promenade deck??? Most of us older folks would prefer to sit facing the waves in relative quiet, instead of competing with the poolside crowds and cruise staff shouting at you.

Pros: it was short

Cons: Way too crowded and queues for the Horizon buffet were horendous

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

Not much to interest me on this trip - did not see any "educational" events such as lectures, how to do computer/photo stuff etc. Thankful though that those endless announcements did not penetrate into the cabin.
Everything was reasonable. When I am eating breakfast aft of the Horizon grill ( a covered area) it would be nice if crew members did not wash the deck above and spray water over everyone ( I had to complain twice about this) - Can't they wash the decks at night???? It felt that on the last day at sea there was a enormous amount of cleaning taking place around us - perhaps in anticipation of the next set of passengers??
Overall good. Suggest you include the option of egg-beaters for those of us who are on a cholesterol free diet. My only options for breakfast protein were egg-white omelettes ( though I am grateful for that option at least!). Also include spinach leaves in the salad bar as an alternative to lettuce (I had to "steal" some from the wok section each lunchtime). There was always VERY long queues for everything in the horizon grill - and also for customer service in the foyer.
Stateroom was fine; the bed gave me a backache!
Cabin steward was often difficult to find (during working hours). He did not seem to know that we were on first sitting and two nights running turned up after 8:30pm to turn down the beds By that time I was already headed for my bed. ("I have so many cabins") After a complaint to customer service things improved. On other ships good stewards take note of your movements and service your room (morning and evening) soon after you put out the SERVICE MY ROOM notice.
The kids seem to be having the best time!