Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Excellent, fun and family friendly!

Sail Date: December 05, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The price of the cruise was amazing. I expected an old ship and mediocre service. The entire ship experience EXCEEDED my expectations. Our 8 yr old daughter had a terrific time. The food in the dining room was outstanding. The service we received from everyone we met was incredibly friendly and helpful.

The ports at Key West and Cozumel were fun and the areas were beautiful.

Pros: Almost everything

Cons: The duration of the ports

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

The layout of the ship was a little confusing at first. Being a first timer, I would have liked more signage posted around the ship to tell me what floor each room was on. And put the floor next to the activity on the itineraries that were given to us each day.

Either way, by the end of the cruise, I knew my way around pretty well. It was the first half of the trip that took a little more time getting my bearings.

Everything was CLEAN. Even the bathrooms in the public areas. The food area were clean, too. Everything looked in great shape.
We didn't do as much activity as we wanted while on the ship, but we did go to karaoke and a family comedy show. The karaoke was excellent. The family comedy show was good. Even though it was listed as family, the acts were still geared towards adults. Our 8 year old didn't get most of the jokes. But it was still good.
Food was available at all times...and it was delicious. The options were varied everyday, but you could still find your favorites. Each night we ate dinner at the main dining room and the service there was excellent. The food there was cooked perfectly and was 5 star quality. You could order as many items as you wanted from the menu, which allowed us to try new things. It was great!
Our stateroom was an oceanview. I thought that it would feel claustrophobic, but even though it was small it didn't feel like it. There was enough room for all three of us to be comfortable. Everything was clean and in the perfect place. Our room was also very close to the center of the ship, which was ideal.
The ship staff was friendly and helpful. We especially liked the service from our stateroom attendants. They not only did a great job making our room cozy every day and night, they also knew us by name...which thrilled my daughter.
Our daughter did go to a couple Club Carnival events. She really enjoyed them. I really like how secure I felt while leaving her there. I felt that the club staff were very responsible and attentive to the kids. They also greeted her by name, even though she didn't attend that much..which made my daughter feel welcome and relaxed.