Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First cruise: the pros and cons

Sail Date: October 24, 2011

This was my first cruise and I got a great deal which is why I booked. Additionally I hadn't been to Key West or Cozumel so I was excited. Hurrican Rina ruined our Cozumel trip so we were diverted to Nassau instead.

I thought that the ship was very reminiscent of an old Vegas hotel: lots of gold, carpet, casino and the lighting.

Pretty much every one we encountered was happy and professional.

I was disappointed in the quality of the food. Lacked seasoning and seemed very mass produced. After the first 2 meals being lackluster, I was pretty much disgusted with the meal options.

Pros: Very organized, friendly and professional staff

Cons: The food wasn't at all what I expected

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

My Time Dining was great! The food was bland and cheap tasting.
Most of the activities were kinda corny. They had a Mexican Fiesta with a live band but once again the food was NASTY.

The comedy show was decent but was rather short.
The room stewards were diligent about keeping things clean.
I went with 3 other girl friends. We had an interior stateroom and it was just fine. At night it was sooo dark in the room without lights but it only helped us sleep better :-) The stewards did a great job of promptly cleaning the rooms.

The beds were surprisingly comfy and the temperature was slightly chilly but perfect for me. The showers had body wash and shampoo. Beware you cannot bring a hair dryer or an iron.
Key West, Florida
I thought Key West was beautiful. Reminded me of Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA in terms of the historic romantic college town feel. The locals are nice.
Don't Miss: The bars on Duval Street, Parasailing with Fury Adventures