Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

First time cruiser - disappointed!

Sail Date: August 22, 2011

Sailed on the Imagination in August 2011. Didn't know what to expect as it was my very first cruise although I did set my expectations rather high. All in all, it was a decent time; however, the food and the entertainment were subpar, in my opinion. The only time we didn't have a long wait to eat was in the main dining room (we did "your time" dining) and even there, the service was slow. Secondly, the entertainment shows we went to (2 of 3) were awful. The dancers sucked and the overall quality of the shows resembled high school performances. I was expecting Broadway quality shows but these were not it. The show during our last day on board (the only sea day) was 3/4 empty -- I wonder why... One of the other things that annoyed me most was the fact that there was only one swimming pool (on a boat with 2,600 people).

Pros: Ports of call, comedy shows

Cons: Food, entertainment shows, only one pool

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

Food was edible but not good. Constantly had to wait in lines. Juices sucked.
Other than my stateroom steward and a couple of waiters in the dining room, I didn't encounter very many friendly faces.
Overall, conditions were ok and I did see staff cleaning and doing upkeep often. However, the tables on the Lido deck and the casual dining area were constantly overflowing with dirty dishes.
Not a lot of variety at all. Quality was not Broadway-like as advertised.
The stateroom was nice and, up until a day or two before returning to Miami, I had no issues with it. Then the toilet started smelling awfully bad -- I think it was the water in the bowl. I told the steward on the last night and it was fixed that same night.
Downtown area was rather small -- probably better suited for those wanting to shop for jewelry/silver. Also visited Mr. Sancho's beach, which was a good time, although not the nicest of beaches.
Key West, Florida
The bf really enjoyed the aquarium albeit its small size. The ship wreck museum was a slight waste of time.