Awesome first time cruise experience!

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-31690
Sail Date: August 22, 2011
Ship: Carnival Imagination
The cruise was excellent. Everyone who works there was very polite and extremely professional. The ship was very clean and tidy despite the large number of people! The food was amazing!!! I loved the overnight pizzeria! I liked that the ice cream was open 24 hours. We spent time in the casino and loved the electronic blackjack and Texas hold'em tables! The bartenders and electronic table workers were excellent. I can't say much for the other tables because we didn't play at them.

Although the diet desserts were not impressive, the food and regular desserts were amazing! The Pride dining area was our designated area and it was very nice, but a little too formal for our taste so we ate at the grill area on the pool deck. It was out of this world delicious!

Everyone who worked there was very friendly and professional. I loved how all of the workers were dressed so professionally, including the cleaning crew. The cleaning crew was very prompt with any mess or left out dishes and made it a point not to be a bother to anyone, yet gave a very friendly conversation if it was welcomed.

The ship was a great layout! I loved the large open area in the middle of the main area so you could see what floor you needed to be on. It was great for spotting various points of interest on the ship. It was quite crowded, however, when the photos for sale were out. I think they should have a more spacious area for photo sales because it was hard to get through the crowd at times. Bathrooms, common areas, and rooms were very clean.

We had one of the cheapest rooms on the lowest level, but it was very cozy and extremely clean! We loved the new towel animals that the workers made for us daily! It added such a happy and cozy feeling to the room! We didn't have a window, but there was a fake window with a curtain which made the room feel like it had a window. I often forgot that it wasn't a real window.
We went on the guided train tour and it was a must see! We learned so much about Key West and the other Keys and saw all there was to see in a short amount of time. There were many stops along the way where you could get off and catch another train if you wanted to stay and sight-see at a specific stop. We went to a great cigar shop run by a husband and wife! I regret forgetting the name!
Don't Miss: Southern-most point was neat!

Pros: The food and amazingly courteous and professional service.

Cons: Most of the desserts were "diet" and didn't taste great.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!