Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Had an awesome time!

Sail Date: August 08, 2011

The ship was clean and well maintained in general. Things were easy to find however information on non-revenue producing items such as, what time does the water slide open, were hard to come by.

Pros: No planning, no worries.

Cons: Not enough attention/activities to/for younger cruisers

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

This is the area I was oct disappointed with. I have cruised on this ship before and there was a very clear deterioration in the quality of the food. Additionally, on the last cruise, juices were included in the free buffet around the clock, this cruise required payment for orange juice and the orange juice provided was sub-par beverage not real juice.
The couple of shows offered were great but limited in number. Way too much emphases on adult rather than family entertainment.
I've been stating it all along, not enough focus on family fun, just adult fun.
In general, the staff was great although I was witness to a minor situation that I felt could have been handled differently. During the Mexican buffet, staff neglected to place a thong for picking out the bread, the person in front of me in line tried to get someone's attention and when unsuccessful helped himself using his hands. Not sure where the gentleman came from but suddenly the passenger was being berated by an employee for handling the bread with his hands. When the passenger tried to explain, he was dismissed and given attitude.
The room was great but from day one we asked our steward to maintain our ice bucket full of ice and that never happened, even after asking for a refill it never came.