Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 24, 2010

Room Type: Suite

The ship apeared clean, staff were overall friendly and really stood out for remembering our names. The food was very good and plenty of variety at the restaurants. This was my Mom's first cruise and she said she had difficulty figuring out how to get around the ship (i.e. getting to restaurant from the cabin), but the rest of us were fine.

Pros: Good variety of activities; didn't feel crowded; looked modern even though it is an older ship

Cons: Cabin size (booked a suite-V3; much smaller than other cruises I have taken with a suite).

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

We enjoyed the Pride Dining room (our wait team was Adrian and Sam, who were amazing), the Horizons Bar and Grill and the Pizzeria - all were excellent.
Many of the staff remembered our names from Day 1; Adrian and Sam in the Pride Dining room were simply amazing!
We enjoyed many activities but didn't make it to a show. I attended the male comedian show and thought it wasn't funny but others I talked to did enjoy him. There were plenty of poolside activities as well.
As stated, we booked a suite (V3) and I was surprised how small it was. I am comparing it to NCL and Holland suites which are much larger. The rom was clean and had plenty of closet/shelf space (for 3 people). The other con was the deck; while it was great to have one the deck was too small OR the chairs on the deck were too big for the deck size. Once two were on the deck it was too crowded to move around.
Must see: Senor Frogs. A short 5-minute walk from pier. Staff were excellent, kept the crowd entertained while there. The food was typical bar food but good.