Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

What I expected

Sail Date: August 02, 2010

Ship was clean and comfortable. Decor was tacky versus classy. Reminded me of a mid-level Vegas strip hotel.

Pros: Price was right; main dining room food was decent; poolside grill with burgers and dogs etc.even better; bed best I've experienced on a cruise ship; bathroom decent size.

Cons: Crew seemed tired and burnt out, like maybe they were near the end of their rotation and going through the motions to a certain degree. Service was efficient but not overly friendly. Ship was well maintained but decor was cheesy..

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

As noted above biggest difference between this cruise and others I have taken on other lines was most crew members on this ship seemed tired and worn out. I usually initiated the smiles and hellos versus them. They did their jobs efficiently but it was as if they went about their work as is we weren't there. Not unfriendly, but perfunctory. No sense they were pleased we were there.
Biggest issue was we had a party of six and they put us at a table with another large party. Not expected and not appreciated as privacy of dining is much preferred. They were able to grant our request after first day to move from late seating to earlier one which was appreciated. I'd recommend breakfast in the Pride dining room versus the buffet on Lido deck. Burgers and dogs by pool were excellent. Main dining room food and service was average.
Usual cruise fare. Enjoyable.
Crew worked hard to keep everything clean which was much appreciated.
Key West, Florida

Don't Miss: As a history buff I enjoyed Truman's Little White House.