Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An amazing experience!

Sail Date: May 31, 2010

I have cruised several times and this ship was the cleanest I have been on yet! It is also more modern then other ships I have cruised on, this is most evident in the staterooms. The staff were friendly and seemed happy to be doing their work. The food variety was excellent and for the most part was delicious! Also the adults only area was very relaxing and not too crowded. The water slides were also a nice touch.

Pros: The staff was very attentive and truly seemed to enjoy their work, especially the housekeeping staff. The food for the most was delicious, they had a large variety of choices. The ship activities were exciting and there was never a moment not filled with some activity.

Cons: While most of the food was delicious the desserts left something to be desired, most were just plain bad.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

Most of the food was delicious, the sushi bar was an added bonus. Also the variety of choices never disappointed. However, all but one dessert I tried was inedible.
The big party night and the "set sail" deck party were more fun then other ships I have been on.
Our stateroom was lovely, we had an oceanview and were not disappointed. The only unfortunate thing was that, while everyone in my party were nonsmokers, the room constantly smelled like cigarette smoke.
This port had a lot going on. Unfortunately the boat doesn't dock by any public beaches so it is a good idea to book an excursion. Most will take you to a beach and after the activity is over you can enjoy the beach. The shopping here is pretty good, especially for jewelry. Don't bother with the liquor though, it was much cheaper on the ship. Senor Frogs Resturant and Bar was right next to the port and was a lot of fun although the atmosphere was almost like a college spring break.
Don't Miss: Snuba shore excursion
Key West, Florida
I loved everything about this port from the chickens that freely roam the island to the trolly ride into town. The shopping is exceptional and the bars and restaurants are very unique. I had never been to Key West before and was not disappointed. I wish we would have been at port more then just half a day!
Don't Miss: Duval Street