Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not up to my expectations

Sail Date: April 01, 2010

This was my second cruise and booking the cruise was very easy using and their customer service representative. Our experience on this ship was mediocre. Our first cruise was on the Royal Caribbean so we basically compared everything to the service we received on that ship. We paid for a transfer but was never sent the transfer coupon. I called customer service before leaving and was sent and updated invoice with a line item that we paid for transfers to the ship. Upon arriving at the airport, we had to speak with 2 separate Carnival agents in order to prove we had paid for this by using our Fun Pass. When we arrived at the ship, we had to carry our own luggage to our rooms, which once we got to the airport, RC agents checked in our luggage, whisked us away to the bus and our luggage was going to be at our stateroom shortly thereafter. We should have had an itinerary in our room or at least handed to us so once on the ship, we knew about the activities. The food was mediocre. I felt like I was in a cafeteria because hotdogs and hamburgers were on the daily menu for lunch. And stood in lines for 10-15 minutes to get our breakfast and/or lunch. Breakfast and lunch plates would be lingering on the tables for quite some time and I thought that was gross. I sat at the bar for 10 minutes before I finally got the attention of the attendant. I think Carnival trains their staff not to make eye contact because they were all very stoic and not friendly at all. Dinner was good the one time we went. Lots of activities on the ship but the cruise director was stale. The club and comedians were good. Needless to say, I would never book another cruise with Carnival. Not worth the money!

Pros: Price, size of interior room

Cons: Food, service

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.