Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Going it alone

Sail Date: December 01, 2005

In February of 2005 my brother was visiting from England and wanted to see Key West, so I suggested a cruise. For the same price as 2 days hotel and meals in the Keys we booked on the Imagination to Key West and Cozumel.
Unfortunately he had to fly home early because of an illness in his wife's family, so after reviewing possible substitutes for him I decided to go alone! Turned out to be a great decision as I had a wonderful cruise.
I was seated at a dining table with other 40 and 50'ish singles (Thank you, Carnival) and had a blast throughout the trip. I live in Florida, so Key West was nothing new but it's impossible not to have fun there. I went snorkelling in Cozumel and met 2 very nice ladies on the trip. I've taken several cruises with family and they are fun, but with grown kids now this is the way to go for a single man. A number of young ladies kept wanting to introduce me to their Mothers!
The food on Carnival is very good in my opinion, better than 2 other cruise lines I've taken. I also really enjoy the upbeat, party atmosphere.They don't call them the Fun Ships for nothing. Don't go if all you want to do is relax and be quiet, try the more sedate cruise lines for that.
I'm writing this because I just booked on the Imagination again, this time for a trip to Ocho Rios and Georgetown - going alone of course!!!
The upcharge for a cabin to myself is very reasonable, I think, just 30% more than the double occupancy per person cost. Hope to see you on board......

Pros: The whole experience

Cons: Trip was too short!