Carnival Imagination Cruise Review

My husband and I sailed on the Imagination on May 17, 2003 Western Caribbean itinerary. We had a great time. I must say I was a little worried about the condition of the ship because of its age. We had previously sailed on the Triumph back in 2000 when it was a new ship. Some of the reviews made it sound as if the ship would not be very clean and was not very well maintained. We found this to be untrue. We were very satisfied with our cabin. Our room steward keep it very clean and the overall apperance of the ship was clean and well kept for its age. The only complaint I would have would be the food. Not much better than ordinary cafeteria food as some of the other reviews state. Food much better on the Triumph. Improvements definitely could be made on the food. Fun ship, lots to do, friendly staff. We'll definitely cruise Carnival again but probably on a newer larger ship. Great cruise for first time cruisers.