Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

disappointed again

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was great, it was the staff that was very disappointing. I've been cruising for many years now and from my experiance I'm used to when walking by a staff member a simple greeting of "hello" not turning their heads or looking busy when I come around the corner just to avoid me when I know they saw me coming. Not only myself but I noticed this reaction from the staff with other cruisers. I have an 11yrs old daughter with spina bifida and uses a power chair to get around. Mentally she is fine and is very independant and gets along with all. (1 expample) When I tried to put her in the kids program she was turned away several times being asked to come back at a later time because they were going on an outing that she could not go to only because they didn't have an extra staff member to take the elevator with her to where they were going leaving her feeling sad and asking why she could not go with them when there were elevators to take her.

Pros: The ship itself seemed renovated and clean.

Cons: that they do not accomodate handicap children

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

the schedule they have for the children is not a good one at all. I have two 8 yrs old, one 7 yr old boys and my 11yrs old daughter. They kept wanting to go play in the children's program but they were closed or in a different area than they are usually causing us to walk around the majority of the time trying to find them. After finding where they were doing a special activity, I was able to leave the boys but had to return back upstairs with my daughter because they did't have someone to take her back up in the elevator after their activity was over. When I brought her up to wait for the other children we had to wait for the staff to communicate with eachother that her age group sent her back up because they were finishing up and could not bring her back up with the group. By the time everything was settled there was 30 mins left before the kids had to be picked up again.