Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean

First and LAST cruise I will ever take

Sail Date: April 07, 2008

Carnival markets its cruise line as the 'fun ship' well . . .this was anything but fun. I think it is extremely deceptive and just bad business pratice to not tell other cruisers when a ship has been chartered by another group of people, which in my case 75% of the ship was chartered by a group called CarQuest. They basically overtook the ship.

Given the fact that when I booked this cruise I asked what the demographic would be, I am extremely dissappointed and frankly very angry that I wasted my precious vacation time on an excursion that would have been better spent on land.

While I'm aware that the vacation outlet has no way of knowing what the specific demographic of the ship will be, you cannot seriously tell me that you did not know that the ship had been chartered. there is just no excuse for this. Again, when i booked the cruise I gave the agent every possible opportunity to tell me, though i didnt ask directly if the ship had been chartered, how could a person possibly know to ask something like that? Especially if it is their first cruise.

The food was awful, both my friend and I felt rushed the entire time. no sooner had i finished my appetizer then they were pulling the fork pretty much out of my mouth to put my entree in front of me, they gave us about 10 minutes to eat and then the dessert came out. I think i could have dealt with the feeling of being rushed if the food was palatable, but I digress.

From general rudeness of carnival staff members, a lack of prducts at the ship store, a pool that looked dirty, to lines everywhere you turned, the whole experience really bordered on humorous because if I didnt laugh i think i would have been crying in disappointment.

In an effort to avoid long lines on departure day I cashed out my sail and sign card and gave them a credit card so that I wouldnt need to get any cash back. Once again, a lack of communication skills and general stupidity on behalf of the cruise staff. I received a check for $290 on departure morning. that's another story, suffice to say, I ended up waiting in a line, which I wanted to avoid in the first place, to ensure that they did not charge my charge card.

This was by far the worst vacation I have ever taken. not only will i never again go on a carnival cruise, possibly never a cruise again even, but I will NEVER book though the vacation outlet.

In a vacationing market that is saturated with choices for which i could have booked my cruise or another vacation excursion, i chose the vacation outlet unfortunately. If you know anything about business practice then i'm sure you are familiar with the fact that for every bad experience a person has, that person tells 8 people, those 8 tell 8 more, so on and so forth. I will be sure to get the word out on your behalf in an effort to protect other vacationers from what happened to me.

The only good thing that came of this cruise was the tan, which unfortunatley will fade, but hopefully not as fast as I hope my memories of this horrendous experience.

Pros: weather

Cons: to much to name

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.