Cruise Nightmare

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-31690
Sail Date: October 04, 2007
Ship: Carnival Imagination
The carnival Imagination is the currently the worst ship to cruise on. I went on it about 4 years ago, and it was fabulous. However, Carnival continues to sell tickets for it even though it's being dry-docked in a couple weeks. I spent full price on this cruise only to find a dirty room with dust and mold everywhere...even ants. Not to mention, the AC was not working for the interior cabins on many of the decks....Empress, Main, etc....

The crew insisted that they would fix the AC. Only after leaving the port did they tell us it has been broken for weeks and the rooms should never have been sold. The manager on the ship came into our room the first morning (we had just docked at Key West) and couldn't believe how hot and humid our room was...he also couldn't believe that the crew brought us a little fan filled with black dirt. One of my friends had an asthma attack from all the dust and warm moist air in the room. He had to see the doctor on the ship and get a shot!

My party and I got off the ship in Key West and drove home. Carnival is paying for all of the expenses. Definitely the worst vacation and incredibly unfair for Carnival and other companies to sell tickets for such a ship!! (espcially at full price)

Our table numbers got mixed up and we had to wait an extra hour to be seated. That might be why the food wasn't too good. Ex: shrimp cocktail was warm. steak was cold.

Thia is only based on one night, but most of the activities were scheduled during dinnertime. Doesn't make any sense!

Everyone lied about the AC and kept saying they would send someone to fix it. The only person that was helpful was the manager. He completely understood and helped us.

Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. Mold and dust everywhere. Ants and food crumbles in the drawers. The hot tub and some of the elevators were out of order. The AC was broken.

I absolutely love Key West and was so relieved to get off the ship there. I highly recommend staying at The Inn at Key West. Hands down...the best hotel.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
Don't Miss: snorkeling

Pros: Carnival's willingness to reimburse me for the cruise.

Cons: Everything

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.