Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Halloween Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2009

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I was on this ship many years back before it was refurbished. As always, cruise ships are beautiful back then and now. We did notice some things different such as staff, food, checking in process. The big thing was the checking in process took a long time especially when we had to go back because of a bag we used that looked like a soft sided cooler. They were very rude to us. We had small children and lines were long. I suggest trying to get there as soon as you can get on the boat. It took 2 hours to get on the ship from when we were dropped off by car.

Pros: Halloween Party

Cons: Buffet food

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!

We were surprised about the difference in food from the dining room as opposed to the buffett line. There used to be no difference. However now there is a huge difference. Eat in the dining room when ever you can. They have very good food there and friendly service.
We had a few incidences with some staff members. That has definately changed since my last cruise. However, I would still go on this ship again. Just saying in the past you never came across one rude employee. But we found about 6 of them this trip.
This is the first cruise with kids ages 6 and 9. I didn't realize how many things you CAN"T do with kids. Unfortunately my children would not be a part of the childrens programs. I believe they should involve family more in the childrens programs and then let the child stay after parents get them used to it.
Should involve parents in the beginning or have more "family" oriented activities. It's nice to get away from the kids but mine would not have me just dropping them off to someone they've never seen before. Staff was not too cheery and encouraging to have them come in and play. You can motivate children by excitement in what your doing. That might of helped.
Nice and clean
Nice Rooms! Very impressed and we were the bottom of the ship! No complaints here. Large rooms for a ship.