Carnival Imagination report

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

invalid-31690
Sail Date: September 22, 2008
Ship: Carnival Imagination
My first cruise, so I have no other lines to compare it to, but all said and done it was quite fun.

It seemed that there were some people, and this probably goes for every cruise line, booked the trip so they could live at the buffet and have eating competitions with neighboring tables. The gluttony was disturbing. The food itself was ok. The pizzas and sandwiches were pretty good, as was dining hall, but for the most part it was something like you'd find at any cafeteria style buffet. Room service was free, but you had to tip upon delivery. I enjoyed taking my food outside and dining away from the crowds while watching the ocean. Sodas cost extra, but tea, coffee, juice was included. The alcohol was typical of any city bar. $5 beers and mixed drinks. No strong pours. I think the bartenders had to pour the booze into a 1.5 oz shot glass, then into your drink, so they were all uniform in strength. Pool service was quick and friendly. The mostly Filipino staff were nice and speedy.

This 'fun ship' had a lot of activities, but most of the fun seemed cheesy and contrived, such as doing the wave, conga lines and silly dance offs and games. If you like that kinda thing, great, but I could have done without it. The night club played Latin and Hip-hop, which is not the kind of music I like. I didn't hear any electronica, but the people there seemed to get into the main steam stuff that was played. The shows were good. We saw 2 funny comedians and some good dance performances. The dance lessons were worth going to as well.
Booking an excursion was easy, just drop by the information desk and use the computer touch screen to figure out what you want to do, then book it with the desk agent. I chose the delux snorkle and beach party package for 57 bucks and it was well worth it. Free beer people! It was a lovely private beach that we stopped of at in Cozumel, but my only complaint was that it was too short 3.5 hours total.

Fast, friendly and professional staff took good care of us. Everything went smooth.

Plenty of space to layout, eat, relax. I went in september, so I can't say how crowded it is for the high season of winter, but I had no trouble getting on and off the ship or finding seats and space. The Imagination is nice enough for the price I paid (250 for 4 nights) so I didn't expect a 5 star hotel room. Getting around was easy.

Beds and pillows were really comfortable. Me and my lady only found out 2 days in that they had pushed 2 twins together to create a king-size bed. Sleep came easy. It was quiet and no banging on the doors from cleaning people, who always knew when you were away and cleaned up without disturbing you. They did a good job with that.
I went parasailing. Not much to this little island. The shuttle bus driver was hilarious, but the island was sleepy. I'd rather have gone to another port.
Go snorkeling and hit the beach somewhere. I took a taxi downtown, but it was all tourist shops, so no big deal.
Don't Miss: White sand beaches. Horseback riding looked fun, but I didn't have time.

Pros: Excursions

Cons: Night Club

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!