Less than I expected

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: December 01, 2007
Ship: Carnival Imagination
The ship was not at all what I expected. It seemed very outdated and poorly decorated. The dining areas are extremely outdated. Information desk staff were unfriendly and not very helpful. The pool area is always crowded and hard to locate seating for sunbathing. The pool can barely accomodate 15-20 children. Overall, my cruise was quite disappointing and my husband and I will never cruise with Carnival again.

Food was pretty good for lunch and dinner, but breakfast not so much. Portions were small but once every course was served, it seemed to be just right. We had a problem with dining times. We were told when we booked the cruise that out dining time would be 6, but when we boarded, we were told it was 8:30 and that they can't accomodate all requests, BUT we never requested our original time...we were told to pick out of all the dinner times, and we went with 6! So if we're given the option, not requesting a time, it should be accomodated or NOT be offered! They did get us an earlier dining time after the first night though and were quick to do so.
Also, as a vegetarian, I thought they had great vegetarian options..I was pleased.

Loved the casino and casino staff (with an exception of 1 or 2 dealers), but entertainment options were lacking and we were bored at many times throughout the day.

My hair dresser at the salon was a bit rough, knocked my head with the blow dryer once and sprayed my eye with water on accident but never apologized...kind of weird.

Spa and salon staff were a bit pushy on their overly expensive products!

Staff at the information desk were not very helpful. Our dining room servers were nice, but a bit slow.

Staff kept public areas quite clean and tidy, but the size of many public ares were inefficient. The ship seemed to be rather small.

Our oceanview was beautiful and the size, although small, was efficient considering we spent very little time in our room. Decor was OK, nothing great. I was a little suprised that cans of soda and bottled water were in our room, but were not included in our free dining. A bottle of water was $2.50!!

Pros: Food, Casino

Cons: Ship quality, Pool size, Rude staff

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.