Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

An "economical" cruise

Sail Date: August 01, 2006

Room Type: Suite

I went on the Imagination in 1996 when it was pretty new and I loved it. I went again in 2006 and was very disappointed. Carnival needs to completely remodel the older ships. It was as clean as it could be but I prefer newer ships.

Pros: Inexpensive cruise, the ports.

Cons: Older ship, no shallow lounge area of pool, suite was a dump, our group of 45 people was split up at dinner.

Recommends Carnival Imagination? No.

One of our waiter's assistants was misreable. I never saw her smile. Our waiter was great though and very accomodating. The 24 hour pizzeria is the best!!
OLD OLD OLD! The bathroom was a dump. We were in a suite and quality was not that of a suite. My husband was taller than the shower head so the shower was uncomfortable for him. There was mold on the bathroom tiles. We had a "jacuzzi tub" but there was no way I was going to take a bath in that tub!! The furniture and carpet were stained. Our suite on the Imagination was the same size as a balcony room on the Miracle...the quality on the Miracle was 100 times better.
The staff was helpful and nice other than the Maitre D. We told him about our group being separated at dinner and he basically said "oh well". I am sure that the strange people sitting in the middle of our group didn't want to be by us either but he wouldn't move them.
We went to the Disco every night...never made it to any shows. The DJ was good although he never played what we requested. My wedding in Playa del Carmen was the best activity of the cruise!!
We had a few kids in our group and they LOVED Camp Carnival.
Older ship, elevators take forever, carpet and furniture old and stained.