Good Cruise, not Excellent

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 25, 2006
Ship: Carnival Imagination
A recommendation with a qualifier. The Imagination ships are more geared to a "party" type of approach to the ship so the activities are geared that way. They are friendly and did a good job, but it was not an excellent trip in terms of value comparisions.

Seated dining hall food was excellent, the other food was frankly a disappointment as it wasn't much different than a budget priced buffet meal here at my town (but with less selection). I had expected it to be a bit better than that.

Crew were friendly enough but they don't do well with providing those extra bits of communication that help people understand what is happening. And they did not go above and beyond. I was overbilled (and had a receipt to prove it) and the Pursers's office was unwilling to do anything about it (meaning I have to protest the bill through my credit card company).

Beautiful country.
Everything very expensive, definitely tourist trap. Beautiful scenery and snorkeling/swimming is excellent.

Pros: Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons: They don't live up to their overall hype

Recommends Carnival Imagination? Yes!