Average cruise

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 08, 2006
Ship: Carnival Imagination
The ship was quite large and had all the amenities you would expect. Nice shops, casino, lounges, etc...The cabins were nice, clean and well maintained. There was a running track on the top deck which was nice since I like to jog. They also had a Put Put golf course which my son enjoyed as well as the swimming pools. Dining rooms and food bars were great too.

Food quality was average. Good selection and variety. Our waiters were overworked. Our waiters had to cover several large tables (10-12 guests per table) which made service a little slower than others. Additionally with his load, our server forgot parts of our orders on several occasions.

There was ample entertainment provided throughout the cruise. The primary vocal entertainers (1 male and 1 female) were less than desireable. Their signing was quite pitchy and I've experienced better entertainers on my two previous cruises. The cruise director was adequate, but I've had better and more talented cruise directors before.

The staff are always very willing to assist in any way.

Stateroom was great. Clean, spacious and well maintained by the ships staff
Grand Cayman is a nice place. This was my second visit to Grand Cayman so I didnt go on any excursions. The shopping was a little more limited/confined due to last years hurricane. We just walked through the shopping district and picked up some souviners.
Jamaica was interesting, although we didnt venture off too far. The River water falls was great and seemed to be the biggest attraction for all travelers. The vendors are very aggressive and disturbed my wife a little. One vendor put a lit marihuana cigarette into my son's hand. You can negotiate your price with the vendors fairly well. Some of the eateries in the shopping district appear to be unclean. Several passengers were stripped searched by local police forces before reboarding the ship.
Don't Miss: climbing the river water falls

Pros: Food was great as usual.

Cons: Entertainment was substandard