I cant say enough about this cruise. It was amazing. So much food. The ship is so big that we still havent gone to all the restaurants. The staff took pride in their jobs and was always present when ever you needed them.

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Horizon

6 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: May 26, 2019

Ship: Carnival Horizon

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9374

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We were looking forward to cruising on Carnival Horizon for almost a year. This was my best cruise so far. The new clean ship, the staff from the room attendant , waiters and Fun squad all made our vacation a memorable one. Elevator system i liked . Didnt stop a every floor. Our cabin was on the nineth floor which was comfortable and rhe balcony was nice. I fell asleep on he chair just sailing along. Watched the best sunset sailing back from Mexico. Amaxing memory. Overall the best cruise ever so far. Just felt comfortable. And no bumpy seas. Just smooth.

Embarkation

Went very smooth.

Ship experiences

We dined in the Meridian restaurants each night. The buffet on the Lido deck was busy as expected. Lots of food choices. And i cant say enough of Guys burger joint and the Taco place. So good. The Java Cafe have my Elderflower cup cake. So good . Even thought i paid for it . I was ok with the charge.

Seafood Shack

Fresh food . Had my first lobster roll. Yummy

Tides Bar

Not a a busy because this is at the back of the ship.

Meridian Restaurant

My fave restaurant. Love this reataursnt. Amazing staff. Loves Mayase

Liquid Lounge

Cold cold cold. This place was so cold. Good thing i had a scarf. Watched a great show. And very comfortable.

Lido Marketplace

Very busy. But thatIs expected. Great if you dont want to sit down and be waitwd on especially on port days. So go early and miss the crowds.

Guy's Burger Joint

Mouth watering. Juicy burgers. Cant say enough. I had 2. First without the bun then next time i gave in to the bun . Salivating thinking about it.

JavaBlue Cafe

The coffee and danishes were great. Inpurchased an Elderflower cupcake which melted in my mouth. Next time i am gonna ha e more than 1. So good.

Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse

Birthday dinner for my 11 year old. Great staff . Excellent dinner and presentation

BlueIguana Cantina

Great food. Wish i ate there more.

Omg the sky ride was amazing. We went after we got back on board from day teip in JA. So the wait wasnt that long. Alao did the Ropes course. Pools were goos . I like all the different areas the pools were located. The Tides area with the seafood Shack. Wow.

Carnival WaterWorks

My ll yesr old daughter loved this. She made a friend from Atlanta. Great memories.

Tides Pool and whirlpools

Pool was much quieter. Lots of kids in the whirlpool.

We did the Punchliner Conedy club twice. Cee Jay Jones was so funny.

Carnival Seaside Theater

This just such a great experience. We watched A Star Is Born andthe NBA playoffs between the Warriors and my home team the Toronto Raptors. I was so glad it was showing. Maybe i was the only Canadian on board but it felt great and they won. The only issue we had was the popcorn on movie night was not good. Dry no butter and was just awful. Sorry. But overall sailing and watching a movie in the middle of the ocean/ Carribbean Sea . Fabulos.

Carnival Multiplex

Comfortable

My goodness. We felt so amazing and appriciate our room steward. Also Mayase and her team in the Meridian restaurant. So effiecient . Even on the busy nights we were given top service. Great team and amazing team work.

The ship is much bigger than my last cruise . Whichbis understandable. Its a brand new ship. They laybout was great and the elevator system also easy to use. We had to lookbon the map and figure out if we needed to be in aft or fwd. But once we got the hang of it it was easly nagivated. Areas were so clean. Bathrooms were mainted well. Very clean.

We had 3 adults and my 11 year old daughter . Who had the bunk whick pulled out of the ceiling. Amazing. She aws happy. The twin beds were so comfortable. . We did not feel cramped. Room was spotless.

Ship tip

My advice is its a huge ship . Lots of walking and takes a little time to navigate. So plan your days. What to do after the day at port and do something different each night. From Liquid lounge to Punchliner club. And experience the speciality restaurants. Food was amazing. Cant wait to return.

Ports of call

Miami, Florida Did not visit port

Flew in the morning of the cruise. Went straight to the ship

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

The port was very busy. Excursion waa Mustic Mountsin and Dunns River Falls. Wish we had more time to go to the town center. Bit had a great time in JA.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Originally had Stingray and snorkling booked but i fell in the hallway the night before and sustained a dislocated shoulder so could not do the excursion with Captin Marvin.

Loved this port. 2nd time here. Did a beach day and just relaxed at a beach . The guides they have there put us in the taxi whuch took us to the beach he recommeded. Beach was clean and the sun was hot. Just what we ordered

Disembarkation

A different experience. Since i am Canadian had to go in a different line. And we were not in a rush so we got tags for later disembarkment. No rush. Overall smooth.

1 Comment