Amazing customer service, Superb cruise!

Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Glory

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 08, 2019

Ship: Carnival Glory

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6292

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This Western Caribbean cruise was amazing from start to finish. The employees aboard were great and had the most wonderful customer service I think I have ever encountered. The days aboard ship were excellent. The amount and variety of excursions was great. The excursions themselves were superb. I can't complain about them at all. And you can also choose not to do an excursion. Staying on board and using the ships services is a great option, or exploring a bit on your own is also a great option. I had an amazing first cruise experience! Again the thing that really sticks out as above and beyond is the variety of things to do (should you choose to - I also enjoyed finding quiet spots to read and relax), and the amazing, wonderful, superb customer service onboard. I would highly recommend this form of travel to all of my friends.

Embarkation

Very quick and easy to board the boat.

Ship experiences

I really enjoyed the main dining room. Our wait staff, Maryono, Luis, and Phikul were amazing! They were so helpful and friendly. My husband and I only made it to the steakhouse tasting, but the tastes were amazing, so we will plan a trip to the steakhouse on our next cruise. We utterly enjoyed the chef's table. The food was amazing, they just forgot to tell us to wear stretchy clothes! I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the chef's talk about their jobs and ordering and the food was top notch. We visited the buffet a couple of times. It was adequate, but I enjoyed the main dining room much more. We did enjoy Guy's burgers as well! I was skeptical but the burgers were delicious.

I liked the steakhouse demonstration. We really enjoyed the comedy shows! We took in a couple of the musical shows in the Amber palace. I think the Motown one was my favorite (we also saw the island themed one, and another one). The performers were excellent. We also tried the piano bar with Tony. He is a good performer but it just wasn't our thing. The main lobby singers were excellent and we enjoyed them almost every night. We enjoyed the variety of activities on board, but also liked that we could find a quiet spot to just lounge and read. I also tried out the spa and had a good experience. My one complaint is that quite a few activities focused on trying to sell you something.

We really enjoyed the stage shows and the lobby music. The comedians were pretty great as well.

I didn't bring my kids

Our waiters in the main dining room, Maryono, Luis, and Phikul were the greatest ever! We really enjoyed spending the week with them. They always went above and beyond the call of duty. Our room steward Rizki, always got us what we needed and Princess cleaned our room and always did an amazing job! The ships personnel was one of the highlights of our week. They really contributed to making this an amazing trip! Great, amazing, wonderful customer service! I can't say enough good things about the service we received.

Ships layout was good. The common areas were cleaned and well maintained.

A friend suggested we upgrade to a balcony, and we absolutely loved it. We spent time on the balcony which was amazing. We enjoyed the extra space a balcony room provided, especially the couch and table so we could play cards with our friends. Our cabin was always superbly clean thanks to Princess and Rizki.

Ship tip

1. Most importantly - take the time to get to know some of the staff. They are great and willing to bend over backward for you. 2. If you are a water drinker, bring an empty refillable water bottle. Fill it up and carry that around with you. 3. No need to bring your own beach towels, use the ones on the ship, even for your excursions. 4. Feel free to bring your 1 bottle of wine on board. We thoroughly enjoyed sipping some wine on our balcony.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

We arrived early before the cruise to explore New Orleans. This was where we left and came back to, so we didn't do an excursion through Carnival. It is a fun city, and one of the reasons we chose this cruise was because we wanted to visit New Orleans.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

This is a beautiful place! We did the beach relax and snorkel. It was an amazing location to lounge in our clamshell, swim, and relax. The cocktails packed a punch. Overall, we had a great time in this port. I do feel they could have told us that the best snorkeling g was off of the pier, not in the actual swim section. We did find out, but mostly from another guest after wandering around for awhile.

Belize City, Belize

Belize was my absolute favorite port. The country is still developing but is well on it's way. They have so much to offer. It is beautiful and the ecology and history of the country are rich and beautiful. We did the lamanai river boat and Mayan ruins tour. Our tour guides, Sydney (BOB - best of Belize), Pete, and ugh I can't remember the 3rd guys name were great. They were funny, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful at all times. I have been recommending this tour to all of my friends. I loved every part of it, the bus ride through the country (there was lots to see and the tour guides did a great presentation), the river boat ride (we saw iguanas and a crocodile, and it was just plain fun), the ruins were amazing and again the guides were funny, knowledgable, helpful, and took amazing photos for us!), and the hospitality and lunch were superb as well! I really need to go back and visit Belize.

This port was nice. A great place for shopping (in port and into the city as well). I enjoyed a massage on board, so we did not do an excursion at this port. However, I was happy to just walk around a bit and explore. Our friends went snorkeling and they said it was some of the best snorkeling they had done.

Disembarkation

Good. Cookie our cruise director laid out the process very clearly and specifically. The day of, things went really smoothly and quickly! I think that definitely had to do with Cookie explaining the process so thoroughly.