Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Strong positives and negatives

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

Positives: very good customer service for most of the onboard services. Our room service and dining service was exceptional (Arturo -our waiter was wonderful with magic tricks). The food was better than the 3 cruises on Princess Cruise Lines. Good experience for our teenage kids.  My 13 year old daughter was part of the young teenage group that met in "circle C"  and made great friends. She was totally entertained the entire time on the ship.

Negatives: buffet closed at 3pm and after dinner, whereas other cruise lines we've been on have 24 hour buffets. The basketball and volleyball courts closed at 5 on for some unknown reason - disappointing! So,  during the hours that it was open it was packed worth at least 10 kids on the 1/2 court at any one time. If you are looking forward to playing any competitive 1:1basketball or looking forward to some quiet shoot around with a friend - you won't get it. The gym was well equipped but found that only 2 of the 10 elliptical machines worked properly. The touch screens were all broken and won out. Hopefully you don't have any serious medical problem like I did (moped accident on one of my excursions- dislocated my shoulder). The medical staff didn't have an x-ray tech and used a nurse to double for one who didn't know what he was doing. They could never even see the dislocation on x-ray due to poor skill level.  My shoulder was dislocated for a day and a half before I finally had to relocate it myself in my cabin. The doctor said she was comfortable relocating it but was unable to do it and never followed up with me to see how I was doing. Just gave me medications and sent me on my way.

Overall,  if I didn't have extenuating circumstances,  the cruise would have just fine but wasnt happy with my overall experience.

Excellent service by room steward
Poor medical care. excellent wait staff and room service.