Carnival Glory Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Carnival Glory, can you say AWESOMENESS?

Sail Date: July 01, 2014

This was my first cruise and I was very nervous because I typically have a very weak stomach\, but everything was fine. I used Seabands and did not have any major problems. From the time we stepped on the ship\, we were welcomed by a photographer\, and that was typical throughout the entire experience. They do not bother you if you don't buy the pictures; however. Our steward was fabulous\, and seemed to slip in and out of the room like a Ninja\, while anticipating our needs (like ice\, or extra towels) ahead of time. After the first excursion to the private island to the Bahamas\, I drank a drink called a Miami Vice and developed a little bit of a tummy ache\, so I sent my husband to get some Pepto Bismol at the gift shop. Well\, I did not know that it is a \"no-no\" and I was summoned to the ship's doctor and although I had no symptoms other than mild stomach discomfort\, I was promptly placed on quarantine for 24 hours and was not allowed to leave my room or get anything other than clear broth from room service. Thankfully the next day was a sea day\, but consider this as fair warning\, if you're truly ill go to the ship's doctor\, but otherwise\, bring some meds with you and keep it moving. The next excursion was St Thomas\, which had absolutely stunning views\, but we were disappointed with Cuzzins Restaurant\, which was recommended by the tour guides and cab driver...very little authenticity and very commercial. San Juan was also somewhat disappointing with an entire downtown filled with graffiti and public housing mixed amongst gorgeous historical buildings. Turks and Caicos has a private resort\, Bohio Dive Resort\, and we spent the day on their area of the beach which was less populated and the food was awesome. The shuttle driver also took us to a nice little store that had the best rum cake ever! Back to the ship...most of the staff was super personable and made us feel like royalty\, especially our steward\, Kono from Indonesia. He always greeted us with

Pros: The private beach excusion in Turks and Caicos\, and the personalized service from our steward

Cons: The lines on formal nite\, Guest Services being curt\, being quarantined for a little stomach upset after embibing cheap liquor from a coconut fashioned into a monkey's head.

Recommends Carnival Glory? Yes!

Carnival needs better\, more professional quality entertainment on the ship. They need funnier comedians\, and definitely better singers and dancers. A couple of the dancers kept looking at the other dancers and tried to keep up but were always a few steps behind.
Overall the staff was a 5+ and went above and beyond\, especially our steward. The only negative comment is that Guest Services needs to be able to answer specific questions and not just give generic answers and they need to have complete command of the English language. I kept trying to ask whether or not the holds that were previously placed on our card were going to be released or were those totals already included in the amounts that were due on our bills\, and the representative kept saying \"you will see on the last day\". Also\, I understand the need to protect people from the Noro-walk virus\, but you should at least be exhibiting some of the symptoms (vomiting\, diarrhea\, fever...etc.) before being placed in quarantine\, not just having a mild stomach ache. People get sea sick on cruises all the time. The clinic staff rudely told me that I was not allowed to leave the room.
We had an Oceanview cabin\, and it was roomier than I expected\, and well laid out. It looked a little \"traveled\" with a few chips here and there\, but overall it was good. I was glad to see a flat panel tv\, but there are almost no channels except a million Carnival channels.
The food was good\, everything except the lobster bisque was tasty. The one big negative was the long wait time on formal nights for the \"Your Time Dining\". The lines were very chaotic\, and people were all dressed up with no place to go. It took 45 minutes from the time that we signed up\, to the time that our pager went off to let us know that the table was ready. The next time\, we waited until 8:45pm\, so we only waited 10 minutes to sit down. Also\, there can be a long wait for the food after you order.
The dcor of the ship is very colorful\, and was so bright that at times it bordered on being one step away from garish. The ship is well-maintained\, and they are very strict about cleanliness. Someone is always cleaning on this ship\, which is a good thing. After a few days\, it was very easy to get around.